The Muradiye Mosque Complex The Muradiye Mosque complex is in a nice Bursa neighborhood, built in 1426, that includes the Mosque of Sultan Murat II, the tombs of many early Ottoman princes and princesses, two old Ottoman houses that are now museums, and a historic Turkish bath. Muradiye Mosque & Complex is composed of the Muradiye Mosque, Muradiye Madrasa, Muradiye Bath, Muradiye Hospice, a fountain, epitaphs, Sultan Murad II's tomb, Şehzade Ahmed's tomb, Cem Sultan's tomb, Şehzade Mahmud's tomb, Şehzade Osman's tomb, Şehzade Mustafa's tomb, Mahidevran Hatun's tomb, Şehzade Mehmed's tomb, Gülşah Hatun's tomb, Ebe Hatun's tomb, Hüma Hatun's tomb, Sittişah Hatun's tomb, the Saraylilar's tomb, and Şirin Hatun's tomb. The first project in the complex is the mosque, which was completed in 1426. It follows a simplified inverse T plan and has four major domes. The walls are decorated with hexagonal tiles in turquoise and dark blue. There is a minaret on the right, which is older than the one seen on the left due to an earthquake collapse from centuries ago. Another fire damaged this mosque early in its past, so when rebuilding it they used Rococo style in 1904 to create intricate designs for both the interior and exterior of this religious building. The madrasa is located to the west of the mosque and has a central courtyard surrounded by student rooms and a classroom at the back, covered by a dome. The exterior is brick and stone. The madrasa does not have its own construction inscription due to multiple restorations. However, the mosque has an elaborate inscription indicating that it was also constructed in 1426 by Murad II. The interior of the building is decorated with dark blue and turquoise tiles, while brick adorns its exterior entrance. Sources conflict on the date of construction for the tomb of Murad II, either before his death in 1451 or after commissioned by his son Mehmed II in accordance with Murad II’s will. The building was constructed using bricks and stone, in a square plan topped with a dome that was left open at the top. A vaulted gallery surrounds the dome, resting on Byzantine capitals. A large impressive wooden canopy over the entrance is carved in relief and embellished in star patterns. An annex contains four additional tombs, all of which have been identified as those of Aladdin Ali (whom the annex is named after, "Mausoleum of Alaaddin"), Şehzade Ahmet, Orhan and Şehzade Hatun. The remaining eleven tombs belong to the rest of the Sultan's family and are decorated in tiles. In the 1950s, a madrasa became a tuberculosis clinic and is now a medical centre.