Rüstem Pasha Caravanserai Located in Erzurum's Yakutiye district, Rüstem Pasha Caravanserai, also known as Taşhan, was commissioned by Ottoman statesman and grand vizier Rüstem Pasha, who served under Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent from 1520 to 1566. Completed in 1561, the caravanserai was designed to meet travelers' needs, with amenities including a hospice, small mosque, resting places, shops, and stables for various animals. Although some original parts of the building have been lost, it remains one of the finest examples of Ottoman architecture. The ashlar building is two stories tall and surrounds a rectangular courtyard, which can be accessed through entrances on the west and east. The rooms are located behind verandas facing the courtyard, and the upper rooms have flat-vaulted ceilings. Later ornaments were added to the site, and the building contains a total of 32 rooms. In 1965, the caravanserai underwent a significant renovation that involved adding a slight supercumbent to the western facade. This modification created an office room for the caravanserai manager, located above the vaulted entrance on the western side.