Kasimiye Madrasa The Kasimiye Madrasah is a remarkable structure that has withstood the test of time. It was established during the Artuklu Period and completed under the reign of Akkoyunlu ruler Cihangiroğlu Kasım (1457-1502). The madrasah is a two-storey, domed, single courtyard building made of smooth cut stone. Its construction was initially funded by İsa Bey of the Artuqid dynasty, but was completed by Kasım, one of the sons of Akkoyunlu Sultan Mu'izz-al-Din, after the city fell to the Akkoyunlu Turks. The Kasimiye Madrasah is renowned for its impressive architecture, including its plan layout, stone craftsmanship, and ornamental motifs. In addition to the mosque and abandoned mausoleum, the complex features an open courtyard with a fountain and large pool. The building has two floors with two wings arranged around the courtyard, with classrooms located on each side separated by cells for young boys attending classes at various levels based on their age. The main entrance to the building is on the south facade through a barrel-vaulted corridor connected by a portal. The west side of the building has an independent small mosque with the same entrance as the rest of the building. The east side of the mosque rises over two floors and consists of cells lined up between porticos on both levels around a large courtyard with a portico. This courtyard is accessed through a central plaza. The north courtyard features a large Iwan that bisects the second floor, and in front of it is a small pool. The Kasimiye Madrasah was designed as part of a larger complex, similar to the nearby lodge-tombs.