Fertek Church The Fertek Church, located in Fertek Village near the center of Nigde, was built by Haci Nicola and opened for prayer in 1837. An inscription in Karamanli Turkish on the facade of the narthex displays the date of construction. This three-aisled basilica is built from yellowish cut stone and basalt walls, with a round "U" shaped narthex at the east, and circular columns inside. The narthex ceilings feature interesting woodwork, including floor paintings and carved column capitals at the entranceway. The upper level is supported by five central pillars and 28 small columns. The hand-drawn designs on the vaulted ceiling are a sight to see. Although covered by curtains, the frescoes remain intact and can still be observed. The building was converted into a mosque in 1924, following the population exchange between Greece and Turkey. After the conversion, the pulpit and mihrab were added to the interior. The apses are separated from the main space by a wall, and the sides have windows that provide access to other areas. The left apse features a niche, while the main space, corner spaces, and apses are covered with a double chamfered roof from the outside. The galleries in the north-south direction are covered with an upper roof, all with simple capitals on their pillars. Despite the conversion to a mosque, the Fertek Church still retains its historic and cultural significance.