Cape Jason and Church Cape Jason, located on the edge of the Black Sea, has been a site of significance since ancient times. A temple honoring the legendary seafarer Jason once stood on this promontory, and later, a church replaced it with similar missions. Today, Cape Jason stands alone amidst a corn field beside a lighthouse, overlooking the waves of the Pontus. The cape, situated in the village of Çaytepe in Perşembe County, is designated as a second-degree protected site, with remnants of old religious structures such as a church and parts of its walls still visible. There are also ancient ports from before the Christian era, possibly used for fishing purposes. Jason Church is considered one of the oldest churches in Turkey. Its current building was erected on top of an ancient temple dating back to 1868. Over time, it suffered extensive damage and was only recently rebuilt and reopened to the public in 2004. The church's most remarkable aspect is its location, close to the sea. It is regarded as an ideal spot to observe the sunrise or sunset, with its contrasting dark and light-colored stones adding to its beauty.