Otkhta Church (Dort Kilise) The Otkhta Church (Dörtkilise in Turkish) is a Georgian monastery that was built by Georgian King David Kurapalat in 961-965. The monastery went through extensive renovations, including the addition of a porch, between 978-1001. Otkhta, which means "from the fourth" in English is one of the large cathedrals in Tao-Klarjeti with Oshki, Ishkhani and Khakhuli. Tao-Klarjeti is a Georgian historical and cultural region in north-eastern Turkey and south-western Georgia. The region is based around two river basins - Chorokhi and Kura, but also includes the upper source of the Aras river. The Otkhta church was a convent and school. There are four buildings that make up the religious complex: belfry, refectory, seminar hall, and chapel. The monastery is similar to other monasteries of the region. This medieval monastery demonstrates some of the region's architectural genius.