Misis Ancient City and Bridge Misis Ancient City, situated on the outskirts of the Çukurova Basin, has stood the test of time for over 7000 years, bearing evidence of multiple eras. The city holds great significance in the regional history of Çukurova, with traces of an ancient settlement dating back to 6000 BC. According to legend, Mophos, one of the heroes of Troy, founded the city. After a tumultuous period in Greece, Mophos migrated to the region and revitalized the Miopsusestia Ancient City, renaming it Misis - which translates to "land or homeland of Mopsos." The city's name underwent changes over time but retained its connection to Mophos. Misis Ancient City has been conquered by many civilizations throughout history, including the Assyrians, Macedonians, and Seleucids. It became a significant center during Roman and Byzantine times and was revitalized by Abbasid reconstruction in the 8th century AD, as trade routes became more active. Despite falling under Seljuk's reign in 1082 AD, the city changed hands several times between Antakya, Byzantium, and Cilicia before becoming a domain of Armenia towards the end of the 12th century A.D. In the 14th century, Misis was conquered by the Mamluks, and it became the home of the tribes that still reside in the area today. The city was ruled by the Zamanaoğlu Principality for a long time, but it came under Ottoman Empire rule from 1516 until 1602. The ancient city of Misis, which was ruled by the Ramazanoğulları, contains several well-preserved remains. These include the mosaic floors of a 4th-century AD basilica, a nine-arched stone bridge, the walls of the acropolis, ruins of aqueducts and baths, the Havraniye Caravanserai from the Seljuk and Ottoman periods, and a single-domed mosque. The Misis Bridge, located on one of the busiest trade routes to the east, was commissioned by Roman Emperor Constantius II in the 4th century. It was later restored by Byzantine Emperor Justinian I in the 6th century and again renovated in 743 and 840. Although the bridge suffered damage to its foundations during the 1998 Adana-Ceyhan earthquake, it has since been restored for a second time after months of rehabilitation work.